Saturday, September 26, 2009

What I did over the weekend







I sat up, waiting for my eyes to ajust to the lighting in the room. I quickly remberd where we were, and why we are here. " Lord have mercy," I said as i looked for Lily." My whole body feels sore and stiff." Lily was making her bed as I was putting my feet on the floor. I never knew how much work went into making one jar of honey. "How long do you paln on us staying here?" I said in my drousy moring voice. Lily looked at the ground and said "Untill i know for sertin what happend to my mother, and we find out if August knew her."
So i went out to the kitchen, and beagn to make breakfast. I never in my entire life, would eat as much honey as these sisters eat. Its like they have it in every thing they use. But it is nice not having to go lookin for honey in the cupterts, and its one less thing on the shopping list. So I continude to make breakfast for the calander sister and Lily and me.
"Lily could you set the table, and get the sisters?" I said to Lily as she noded her head. I evenly divited the food, set a cloth on to the table, and put the pots and pans in the sink. They all sat down and marveled at the meal. August asked every one to bow their heads and close their eyes, as she lead us in a prayer. "Well just dont look at it, eat!" I slightly yelled, and we all ate with almost no words exchanged. But as soon as Lily finshed they began to talk to their little hearts content. I glanced at August and saw that the same thoughts were going through her head. And we finshed breakfast to start on a full days work.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the way you described them getting up out of bed and also how there was honey everywhere in the house and that it was one less thing to shop for. I could really see that it was in Rosaleen's perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting... it shows Rosaleen's tendency to be quite blunt.

    ReplyDelete